Support The Foundation
- Since the Greenway project began more than a decade ago, many Luray citizens and businesses have worked to create this urban paradise through their donations and hard work.
- When the Greenway was completed in 2009, The Hawksbill Greenway Foundation was formed to assist in the enhancement, long-term care, and maintenance of this treasured open green space.
- The Board of Directors offers a heartfelt "thank you" to everyone who has planted trees and gardens, raised funds, painted murals, made a donation or contributed in a hundred other ways to creating this unique space.
- To learn how you can help us make the Greenway even better, please click on the "read more." We look forward to your continuing support and ideas for the future!.
Information About the Hawksbill Greenway Foundation
The Hawksbill Greenway Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation founded on June 6, 2009 in Luray, Virginia. It received its 501 status in April 2010.
The goal of the foundation is to support and enhance the town's investment in its award winning Hawksbill Greenway as well as its 300 acre park system.
The foundation also supports environmental education throughout the community and its schools.
Foundation's Mission Statement
- The mission of the Hawksbill Greenway Foundation is to promote community involvement in the continuing support of Luray’s Hawksbill Greenway and its park system. This involvement will be enhanced by volunteers who donate their time toward this effort.
- Hawksbill Greenway Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) charitable corporation created to make it feasible for the community at large to make tax -exempt donations and to enable the Foundation to apply for grants. Specifically, we can accept funds, including private donations and grants, and manage them on behalf of the town of Luray.
- Whereas the Hawksbill Greenway was created at a cost of over $3,500,000, it is now most important that monies be available for future maintenance and enhancement costs. The grants and monies received by the Hawksbill Greenway Foundation will help offset the continuing cost of this project and thus should not impact the budget of the Parks and Recreation Department.
Board of Directors
The following are the current Foundation Board of Directors.
- History of the Greenway
- Donation Form for Plaza Benches
- Donation Form for Depot Benches
- Information about our Park System
- Greenway Map
- Guide to the Flowering Forest Booklet